[mod_python] changing publisher `content' before sent to client

Jaime Wyant programmer.py at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:56:24 EST 2007

Actually, I need to perform string manipulation on *everything* that gets
handled by publisher.  I don't want to manually edit each function that the
handler exposes.

FWIW, I'm doing this because I would like to have two versions of my website
->

test.mysite.com
real.mysite.com

These sites are identical, except for the domain name well and the database
they use.

But the problem is, I decided to do this a bit late in the game.  And I
didn't have enough foresight *not to* hardcode real.mysite.com.  So I have
real.mysite.com sprinkled throughout various python modules.  Yeah the right
thing to do would be to `fix' everything site wide, but i'm in a pinch (and
lazy :p), so I simply want to change all instances of real.mysite.com to
test.mysite.com.

jw

--
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
Ronald Reagan