[mod_python] Returned filename question (updated)

Martijn Moeling martijn at xs4us.nu
Sat Jan 6 08:32:51 EST 2007

Hi,

I was just checking my apache access_log to see if and how the spidering
by Google was going and I found some strange behavior I cannot explain:

cat /var/log/httpd/access_log |grep Googlebot

all the lines I see are like:

66.249.65.15 - - [01/Jan/2007:15:43:54 +0100] "GET /zsswsirofodgrdu.html
HTTP/1.1" 404 298 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1;
+http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

Please note the: GET /zsswsirofodgrdu.html

I am seeing this since I upgraded to MP 3.3.0b, I have searched the DOCs
but for some reason I cannot find out where Google gets the filename
from....

It seems like MP is returning a random filename now.

The requests send are always http://www2.lokalos.nl or
http://www2.lokalos.nl/?pr=drenthe

Should I include a filename in my URL's? if I do :
http://www2.lokalos.nl/index.py?pr=drenthe
Or is there any way I can force MP/Apace to return the filename index.py
an force to overwrite the automatic returned filename (like
fhgdjhlkgjhfhg.html)

Martijn