[mod_python] Problem with mod_python ???

Stefan Langer mailtolanger at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 26 03:35:35 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm running into a strange problem using trac with mod_python on apache.

First of my enviroment:
Linux Suse 9.3,
Apache 2.0.53,
Trac 0.10.3, (XmpRpcPlugin 0.1)
Mod_python 3.3.1

Running trac through the webfrontend works fine and I have no issues
with it but whenever I use the xmlrpcplugin to update a ticket in trac
and then try to reread the updated ticket i see the following error in
the apache log:

python_handler: Can't get/create interpreter.

My python sys.path is:
/usr/share/trac
/usr/lib/python2.4
/usr/local/lib/svn-python
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4.egg
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/TracWebAdmin-0.1.2dev_r4429-py2.4.egg
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/TracXMLRPC-0.1-py2.4.egg
/usr/lib/python24.zip
/usr/lib/python2.4
/usr/lib/python2.4/plat-linux2
/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk
/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages

my path is:
/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

both retreived through the mod_python.testhandler

I googled the above error but only found stuff related to windows and
that it has something to do with permissions but I'm unable to see how
this relates to my enviroment. I checked if python directory can be read
by the apache user and it can.
I also asked at the mylar newsgroup (mylar is the client calling the
xmlrpcplugin) and the author of xmlrpcplugin both telling me that it has
nothing to do with their code.

Can anybody tell me how I can solve this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Stefan

P.S.: I only have a rudimentary knowledge of python or mod_python.