[mod_python] getting Windows username (REMOTE_USER)

Marco Lopes mlopes at orangeway.org
Sun Dec 9 07:55:01 EST 2007

I'm guessing you're both talking about different things. I'm new to
mod_python but I'd say req.user is the HTTP user, the user given when the
user is prompt for authentication by apache.
The "user" Brett is asking about is the username of the user logged in a
remote windows machine, wich I'd say he'd never be able to get cause the
client will never send it to the server side for security and privacy
reasons.