[mod_python] mod_python

Chris Howell chowell at pyxisinnovation.com
Thu Aug 30 14:02:58 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I've installed the Apache webserver 2.2.4 onto a machine. I am trying to
get the python mod working for the apache webserver.  I installed
mod_python-3.3.1, for windows and I have the correct version of Python
installed. I did everything the install asked me to do, when I edited my
httpd.conf file for apache I added this line

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

Where all of the other load modules happen, to be.

So I shut the apache server down and I restarted it when I restart the
server I get this error message.

"Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_python.so into server. The specified
procedure could not be found.

When I went to the modules directory, under the apache root, the
mod_python.so file does exist so I am not sure what the problem is or
what the solution is. Any light someone could shed on this would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris Howell
Software Engineer
the PYXIS innovation - /Common Ground for Digital Earth /
Kingston, Ontario
w: www.pyxisinnovation.com