[mod_python] Traceback in FilterDispatch

Andrew Ryan andrewr at collab.net
Mon Aug 13 19:38:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've seen the following traceback -- rarely -- from mod_python in my
logs. I haven't heard of any user-reported issues with the script that's
generating it, and I can't duplicate this problem myself. My only guess
is that it's something related to a connection getting reset during some
phase of the output filter that this code is running in.

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line
1389, in FilterDispatch
filter.flush(),
   IOError: Flush failed.

The offending code is in FilterDispatch:
            if not filter.closed:
                filter.flush()

I'm not sure what the "right" thing to do, this might just be a
try/"except pass" moment. This is with 3.3.1 and 2.4.3.

--andrew