[mod_python] cache.py Cache.__delitem__ bug

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:59:02 EDT 2007

On 24/04/07, jambor <jambor3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may have been reported before, but I think there's a bug in
> cache.py where deleting a cached entry breaks the cache queue linked
> list.
> Reported at the bottom of:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/302997
>
> I guess it looks like cache.py isn't really used in 3.3, but if
> you're distributing it for compatibility purposes, perhaps it's worth
> noting.

The cache.py file will be removed in next update to mod_python given
that it is not required by new module importer. It was always only
really there for internal use and not part of any official public API.

> Also, I was wondering if the mod_python project has a roadmap for
> future development. Has developer focus switched to mod_wsgi?

I can only speak for myself and yes my main focus at least is now on
mod_wsgi and some other semi secret Apache/Python related projects I
have been working on. There is no one else working on mod_wsgi.

In developing mod_wsgi I have come across various things that can be
done better in mod_python or which will fix issues in mod_python. I
will at some stage log all these as issues in JIRA, but anything being
done about them will probably depend on whether there is any interest
from mod_python users or not on doing further work on mod_python. At
the moment the way I read things is that most seem to be quite happy
with mod_python 3.3, at least the number of questions and complaints
about mod_python appears to have dropped off.

Before any significant new coding is done, various issues with web
sites, documentation etc, probably need to be sorted out as some of
the issues are in some ways a deterrent to wanting to expend too much
effort on the code.