[mod_python] No expiration datestamp on SessionID cookie

Sébastien Arnaud arnaudsj at emedialibrary.org
Wed Sep 27 17:02:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a few webapp running with mod_python, and I just had the
request to expire a Session when the browser window is closed. I have
done that in other web framework by NOT setting the expiration of a
cookie, usually the browser then understand that it needs to destroy
the cookie when the window/tab is closed.

I am looked through the last 2-3 year on the list and in the current
3.2 doc but I can't find anywhere a way to specify the expiration
date of the SessionID cookie.

Thank you in advance for sharing if you managed to get the described
behavior working in mod_python, or if I missed something in the doc.

Regards,

Sébastien