[mod_python] Good example site with py, psp, and structure

durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 04:22:40 EDT 2006

Hi !

Eric Brunson írta:
>> If I understand it good, I can specify one handler script for one
>> directory.
>> Anywhere, where I specify a handler, the handler script working for
>> all .py (both for existing and not existing).
>
> Not precisely (and someone please help out if I express this
> incorrectly).  You can add a handler for dealing with .py files in
> which case .py files will be handled by that handler, or you can set a
> handler for URLs, which will perform a sort of module resolution
> algorithm on the URL.  In the first case, which I'm least familiar
> with, if you associate a handler with a .py file, referencing a file
> that doesn't exist will give you a 404 error.

When I used this model (see below),  I not got error: every py filename
accepted, but only mptest.py started:

    LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

    <Directory c:/web/apache22/htdocs/>
      AddHandler python-program .py
      PythonHandler mptest
      PythonDebug On
    </Directory>

    mptest.py:

    from mod_python import apache

    def handler(req):
          req.content_type = 'text/html'
          req.write('Handler: mptest.py<br>')
          req.write('Actual (URL defined) filename: '+req.filename)
          req.write('<br>Some random number: ')
          import random
          req.write(str(random.randint(0,1000)))
          return apache.OK

The URL I write:

    http://localhost:7080/index_ssss.py

The result is:

    Handler: mptest.py
    Actual (URL defined) filename: C:/web/apache22/htdocs/index_ssss.py
    Some random number: 594

The index_ssss does not exists, but the handler catched it, and handle
the request with mptest.py.

So I don't get 404 error, but this is good for me: I can handle every
problem in one script !

Thanks for your help:
    dd