[mod_python] Re: Mod_python Digest, Vol 42, Issue 4

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Thu Sep 14 16:03:56 EDT 2006

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
>
>> Which, IMHO, is even more obscurantist than the mod_python
>> documentation. It seems to assume you've already read much of the source
>> code and are familiar with C ... in which case why would you be using
>> mod_python in the first place :-) ?
>
> I agree with this... I think mod_python documentation needs to:
>

> - explain apache to python programmers
>
> - explain python to apache programmers
>

> At the moment it only does a bit of each of those.
>

> If there was a wiki for documentation I would help document things.

There is, as of a few days ago. I think we need to discuss what role of
the wiki will play in the overall documentation scheme and put a
coherent structure in place before we start jamming stuff in, so I
haven't made any official announcement on this list yet.

I'd suggest anyone interested in helping with the wiki subscribe to the
developer's list so we don't end up splitting the discussion between the
user and dev lists. To subscribe send a message to
python-dev-subscribe at httpd.apache.org.

People always say they want better documentation, so now's the time to
step forward and prove it. Nic has, anyone else? :)

Let's get a discussion going, roll up our sleeves and see just how good
we can make mod_python.

Jim