[mod_python] mod_python on OpenBSD

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Sep 13 22:34:37 EDT 2006

edgar mortiz wrote ..
> /usr/chroot/httpd/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o
> mod_python.la  -rpath /usr/chroot/httpd/modules -module -avoid-version
>    hlistobject.lo hlist.lo filterobject.lo connobject.lo
> serverobject.lo util.lo tableobject.lo requestobject.lo
> _apachemodule.lo mod_python.lo -L/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config
> -Wl,--export-dynamic -lm -lpython2.4 -lutil -lm
>
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpython2.4.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
> *** with libpython2.4 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
> *** using a regex pattern. Last file checked:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a
>
> *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
> *** dependencies of module mod_python.  Therefore, libtool will create
> *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
> *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

> Performing DSO installation.
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/chroot/httpd/modules
> /usr/bin/install -c src/mod_python.so /usr/chroot/httpd/modules
> install: src/mod_python.so: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [install_dso] Error 71
> #
>
> it breaks when i do install_dso

That libtool complains the way it does is the issue. I don't know the OpenBSD
platform, so others who have built for that platform will be better qualified
than I to comment. It may be that libtool couldn't manage to create a useable
loadable object from the static library because of some limitation with the
platform.