[mod_python] [SPAM] hello world program problems

Mary Jane Boholst Mary.Boholst at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 12 08:40:10 EDT 2006

<head>
</head>
Hi,<br>
mod_python does show in the apache error.log.<br>
I am using the httpd.conf file to configure the mod_python handler. The hello
missing something simple.
Thanks for all your help.<br>
MJ<br>
Jim Gallacher wrote:
the mod_python signature show up in your apache error.log?
&nbsp;&nbsp; If no, have you modified your apache config to load the module?
You
need something like:
&nbsp;&nbsp; LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_python.so
&nbsp;&nbsp; (The path /usr/lib/apache2/modules may be different on your
system).
If yes, where are you configuring the mod_python handler? If you are
using a .htaccess file, make sure AllowOverride is set properly.
&nbsp; (AllowOverride All is good for testing).
Jim
Mary Jane Boholst wrote:
I have since the last time managed to get mod_python setup in suse 10.1
but I am having problems with running the hello world test. When I
access the localhost address I get a pop up box asking me if I want to
save or open the file which is just the source code that I have
entered. I am sure I saw the solution to this on this mailing list
somewhere but cant seem to find it again.
I am using Python 2.4, Apache 2.2 and mod_python 3.2.1.
I attach my httpd.conf file if that will help.
Thanks in advance.
MJ