Θέμα: Re: Θέμα: Re: [mod_python] Http Response None - Page renders as Tex t?=

Thimios Katsoulis thkatsou at yahoo.gr
Sat Oct 28 20:40:35 EDT 2006

--- Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> έγραψε:

> Are you sure the SiteBuilder stuff isn't writing its
> own response
> back through
> the request object and returning None as the result,
> which you then
> are also
> converting to a string and also writing back in the
> response?
>
> Have you tried using logging to output to the Apache
> error log bits
> about what
> is going on? Ie., what goes into the log if you
> output what data is?
>
>    apache.log_error('myoutput=%s', data)
>
> Graham
>
> On 29/10/2006, at 5:14 AM, Thimios Katsoulis wrote:
>

> > --- Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au>
> έγραψε:
> >
> >> Try not setting a content length. You might be
> >> getting the content
> >> length wrong and screwing up any HTTP 1.1
> pipelining
> >> of requests.
> >> Ie., overlength data from a prior request is
> coming
> >> through as start
> >> of subsequent request.
> >>
> >> Graham
> >
> > If I do that I have the situation with chunked
> > Anyway I Have tried that but did not make any
> good.
> >
> > One other thing I noticed is , if I try to append
> > something more to the data string for example :
> >
> > data=str(data)
> > data += '<br/>something<br/>'
> >
> > the string appended will appear after None :
> >
> > None<br/>something<br/>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:13:32 GMT
> > Server: Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) mod_python/3.1.4

> > Anyway this problem is really strange it happens
> only
> > from a client pc and this is my main home server .
> >
> > I  tried to use a proxy for firefox and the
> problem
> > disappeared
> > (the proxy is on the same machine that the problem
> > occurs) .
> > Anyway I 'll by bypass it for the time since I
> dont
> > notice this behavior in any other lan pc.

I think you are right.

In one case in my SiteBuilder script I was doing a
req.internal_redirect and thus returning nothing .
All I did was reading from the req Object (not calling
any write method), except from this one call to
internal_redirect .
I fixed that and I haven't noticed the problem again .

Thanks for your time .