[mod_python] handler and index.html problem

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Oct 19 18:02:19 EDT 2006

Sells, Fred wrote ..
> I'm a mod_python newbie using python 2.3 and mod_python 3.1.3-5.1 on Red
> Hat
> Enterprise Linux
>
> I have my own "security.py" module that I want to intercept all requests
> into the html root (/var/www/html) and force the user to login if they
> have
> not already.  I must use a legacy login, so using the apache authentication
> is not an option.  The intercept and login work fine, but once they are
> logged in,  any reference to the directory, hence an implied index.html
> page
> fails.  my .conf setup is
>

>    <Directory "/var/www/html">
>      SetHandler python-program
>      PythonHandler  security default
>      PythonDebug On
>    </Directory>

Use:

    <Directory "/var/www/html">
      PythonAccessHandler  security
      PythonDebug On
    </Directory>

Change the name of your handler in 'security' from 'handler'
to 'accesshandler'. If your handler in that file is returning a
complete response by setting req.status and then returning
apache.OK, ensure you return apache.DONE instead.