[mod_python] Memory Session doesen't workwithPythonInterpPerDirectory on Windows

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Oct 19 06:49:35 EDT 2006

On 19/10/2006, at 6:08 PM, Luca Montecchiani wrote:
>>> BTW, why are you using PythonInterpPerDirectory? What do you think
>>> you get from using it?
>> Still like to know why you are using this directive. :-)
>
> Of course ;-)
> Since the beginning we had problem using scripts with
> same name but living in different directory. I know that this is
> a FAQ and we promptly renamed all the scripts to have unique
> names. Reading docs we found that PythonInterpPerDirectory
> could resolve the import issue and we choose to adopt it as an
> extra security option. We also liked the "isolation" that this
> option seem to give us.
>
> For now we had chose to left the PythonInterpPerDirectory On
> and use the DbmSession but if you think that is broken we can
> trow it out !

All I can say is that you will like mod_python 3.3 when it arrives then,
as it solves the problem of modules named the same in different
directories. In the meantime, use whatever works. :-)

Do be careful though of the overhead of creating too many distinct
Python interpreters. I don't know what the actual overhead of each
is, but just keep an eye on it.