[mod_python] Apache 2.2.2 not working

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Oct 18 19:06:21 EDT 2006

Please use REPLY-ALL and keep followups on the mailing list.

Christoph Mewes wrote ..
> I have XP Home, so I cannot really change user rights.
> My installation works perfectly, I can run Python scrits both from the
> interactive mode and via .py-files (outputting to the cmd).
>
> 2006/10/19, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au>:
> > Apache on Win32 generally runs as a special user. That user must have
> > access rights to the Python installation. Go through each of the directories
> > listed in the log output and make sure it is where the Python bits are
> > installed and then check the access rights to make sure the user Apache
> > runs on can read the files located there. If the files aren't even in
> those
> > locations, then your Python installation is stuffed up. Can you run normal
> > Python scripts outside of Apache?

Do any of the directories listed in the path output in the log
file contain a subdirectory called 'mod_python'?

If you run Python and do:

  from mod_python import psp

what does it output?

You want it to say:

  ImportError: No module named _apache

If it complains that it can't even find 'mod_python' module,
then the mod_python installation is wrong.

Also run within Python:

  import sys
  print sys.path

is the path the same as that in the Apache log file?