[mod_python] Using mod_python with two applications fails on Fedora Core 4, works on Window/XP

Roger crosseyedpenguin at cox.net
Wed Oct 18 16:58:06 EDT 2006

I am running apache 2.0.54 and mod_python 3.2.10 on Fedora Core 4.  I am
running both Webware and MoinMoin under mod_python as a means of
speeding up the applications.

My problem is that the MoinMoin modules (the second application defined)
are being reloaded with each request.  A logging message inserted into
the MoinMoin request.py module verifies this.  I found this problem
while investigating the cause of why my newly written MoinMoin macros
were crashing after MySQL ran out of available connections.

This problem does not occur on my test system under Windows/XP with
apache 2.0.53 and mod_python 3.2.5.  I had been running mod_python 3.1.4
under Fedora Core 4 and have upgraded to 3.2.10 but the problem persists.

Some snippets from httpd.conf:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

# Webware WebKit
<Location /webkit >
   SetHandler python-program
   # add the directory that contains ModPythonAdapter.py
   PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/web/Webware']"
   PythonOption AppWorkDir /home/web/dra
   PythonHandler WebKit.Adapters.ModPythonAdapter
   PythonDebug On
</Location>

# MoinMoin
<Location /drawiki>
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonPath "['/home/web/Moin/drawiki/']+sys.path"
    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
    PythonDebug On
</Location>

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Roger