[mod_python] Bizarre problems with rewriting URLs?

Aaron Gallagher habnabit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 21:18:37 EDT 2006

I'm getting a slough of bizarre problems on one of my Apache servers,
and everything is perfect on the other. The version is the same, and
most of the configuration is the same. Namely, I'm trying to figure
out why mod_python will sometimes randomly send headers twice.

I'm running mod_python handlers in three different locations, and it
seems like it'll randomly decide to run out of another location
rather than where the request is asking for. I mean, the top sys.path
entry in mod_python should always be the directory of the nearest
handler, right?

The server that doesn't have any URL rewriting done never has any
problems whatsoever, but the one that does is the one with these
bizarre problems. I've compared configuration files, and they're both
almost exactly the same. I can't find any major thing that's
different between the two other than the rewriting. I'm using
mod_rewrite to have a dynamic virtual host map. and can post the
rules and conditions if necessary.

Aaron Gallagher
<habnabit at gmail.com>