[mod_python] Apache won't start

Mark Norley m_norley_newsgroups at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 07:45:17 EDT 2006

Hi
I've been running .py cgi scripts with Apache successfully, but in an effort
to speed things up I installed mod_python and now Apache won't start any
more (therefore no error.log).
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Setup:
Win XP SP2
Python 2.4
Apache 2.2.2 (installed via XAMPP 1.5.3a)
Mod_python 3.2.8 (installed from mod_python-3.2.8.win32-py2.4.exe)

Following the manual I've added these lines to httpd.conf (Apache starts as
normal if I comment them):
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
PythonOption mod_python.mutex_directory "/tmp"
PythonOption mod_python.mutex_locks 8

mod_python.so is definitely in the modules directory.
I read elsewhere on the list that there could be a problem with Apache not
finding python24.dll, msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll, but they are all present
in WINDOWS\system32 and the PATH environment variable points there.

So, I'm stumped...any ideas?

Mark