[mod_python] Freeware link/html checker (validator) for mod_python site

durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 04:08:09 EDT 2006

Hi !

Sorry for non-pythonic subject, but if I not find good solution, I will
write a  routine for this in python... :-)))

My mod_py site is growing quickly. It have many pages, many of them are
dynamic.
I want to check the links, and if possible, validate the html.

I search freeware tools in the net, but I found only "HTML Link
Validator" that meet the requirements.
This utility can check the whole site, and it handle the circular
references - but it's not free, and it not check the whole site... :-(

Some other utilites can check one URL (CSE HTML validator lite, html
kit, Firefox check page links, Firefox validate HTML, Firefox
webdeveloper extension),
but not entire site...

Do you knows about a good local site checker application that can do
validation/link checking in one ?

Is anybody have an experience in this theme ?

Important thing: the OS is Windows XP.

Thanks for your help:
    dd