[mod_python] Can't get it to interpret

Paul J. Pathiakis ppathiakis at eagleaccess.com
Mon Oct 2 16:39:27 EDT 2006

** Graham,

If the PythonHeaderParserHandler wasn't there, I would say that the
PythonPath directive isn't required as mod_python.publisher doesn't
require it to be set as described.

The question is, what is 'nav.web' and what does the handler in it
do? Most people wouldn't have a need to be defining a handler for
the PythonHeaderParserHandler phase. What it does will dictate
whether or not PythonPath needs to be set as indicated or whether
the comment about what to do derives from a misunderstanding as to
how mod_python works.

Graham

** Well, nav.web is a directory /usr/local/nav/lib/python/.  NAV is a directory in the director.  Web is the directory underneath it.  I believe it's supposed to be the web interface to the NAV software.  There's about 20 files in there.  I'm trying to figure out if there's an easier way to interface.  Personally, I was looking at my httpd.conf file and wanted to just alias the /usr/local/nav/webroot directory.  (Someone else mailed me with the same idea)

Now that I added to the path, I have now encountered this (which seems to point that there is a login attempt into a database, tell me, what information can I send the list to further my cause?):

Mod_python error: "PythonHeaderParserHandler nav.web"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 287, in HandlerDispatch
    log=debug)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 464, in import_module
    module = imp.load_module(mname, f, p, d)

  File "/usr/local/nav/lib/python/./nav/web/__init__.py", line 28, in ?
    import nav.web.auth

  File "/usr/local/nav/lib/python/./nav/web/auth.py", line 31, in ?
    from nav import db

  File "/usr/local/nav/lib/python/./nav/db/__init__.py", line 103, in ?
    setDefaultConnection(getConnection('default'));

  File "/usr/local/nav/lib/python/./nav/db/__init__.py", line 86, in getConnection
    connection = psycopg.connect('host=%s dbname=%s user=%s password=%s' %

OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

Thanks,

P.