[mod_python] Wiki for mod_python. Contributors welcome.

Martin Stoufer MCStoufer at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 28 19:05:58 EST 2006

My last collaboration project had to learn this the hard way. All our
software design/usage documentation was put up on a WiKi and slowly
dissolved into a morass of incorrect and incomplete entries. Those not
fully versed in the inner workings of the software would post changes
and suggestions (hacks in my book!) not knowing how it would effect
other components. Not because they were stupid, they just didn't fully
understand.

I have been an ardent supporter that real documentation should flow from
those who know to those who don't. This doesn't mean that this info is
static forever. There just has to be an absolute stop-gate in the
feedback loop that can analyze and determine what should be changed. I
would look to maintain both a read-only section and slowly incorporate
only the very sound ideas from the world-writable area.

Such a "change control" mechanism would work best if it is started
early. I would like to volunteer to review and help approve content in
the 'OS install' area.

--
* Martin C. Stoufer              *
* DST/DIDC/ITG                   *