[mod_python] Programmatic Redirection in Frames

Surendra Lingareddy slingareddy at Crossroads.com
Mon Nov 27 11:00:49 EST 2006

Thanks for the answer. Fortunately my requirement I think is just to
kick it back to the login page on session expiry. So, login is the only
page that needs to break out of the frame (s)hell. I am forcing the
login page to always be on the top with a javascript. I will look into
what you suggested.

Regards,

Suren

  _____

From: Martijn Moeling [mailto:martijn at xs4us.nu]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 9:45 AM
To: Surendra Lingareddy; mod_python at modpython.org
Subject: RE: [mod_python] Programmatic Redirection in Frames

Suren,

As far as I am aware this is not possible. Apache has absolutely no idea
about frames.

That is why I stopped using frames years ago.

On my current project I use absolute positioning and I am sending forms
using the XMLHTTPRequest object.

By doing so, the return from the server can be set to any object in
javascript, Google for XMLHTTPrequest, and do not get fooled by the XML
thingy in the name, you can send plain text or any format you like. Be
aware that if you want to be browser independent you run into trouble if
you use the <input=file...>.

Forms can have a target= too!!! Maybe you can alter all references to
the login page with a targe=_top.

I suggest you stop using frames

Martijn

  _____