[mod_python] Session problem

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Nov 22 16:55:37 EST 2006

Bouncing this back to the mailing list where it belongs so everyone can
follow along.

Jakub Labath wrote ..

Hi,

> When you say cookies, are these cookies being constructed using Django's
> infrastructure for creating them?

Correct it's the sessionid cookie created by Django.

> Further, is the request object a mod_python
> request object or a Django request object wrapper?

In the previously attached log the request is Django request.
And the modpython request is the actual modpython request.

What I found weird is that the same mod_python request serviced two
different clients at different times, but perhaps that makes sense for
preforked apache.

> At this point it sounds like it may be a Django issue if you are using it as
> it merely uses mod_python as a jumping off point and doesn't tightly
> integrate with mod_python and use its cookies or sessions and provides
> users with their own request object wrapper as far as I know.

That was my first thought as well, and I reviewed our and django
session handling the best I could. I found nothing unusual. In fact we
have not touched the way django handles the sessions and cookies at
all. I tried the django users group nobody seems to have similar
problems, I even talked to one of the django's main devs he has no
clue either.

> That said, as a start I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to
> mod_python 3.2.10 and see if your problems go away.

I'll try that but I already tried upgrading from debian to gentoo and
from python2.3 to python2.4 and I had the same problem on both. I know
that would mean that it is something in our code ... but I haven't
changed anything ... oh the headache.

Thanks for help

--
Jakub Labath