[mod_python] Newbie ?s regarding sessions

Surendra Lingareddy slingareddy at Crossroads.com
Mon Nov 20 19:01:51 EST 2006

I found a few answers by experimentation. AuthenHandler results in a
login pop-up and that's not what I want. I am trying to use a form to
login. I tried session object and have been able to distinguish whether
it is the same session or not on a reload. How can I have this session
object be available to multiple browser pages? Should I pass it around?

Thanks,

Suren

  _____

From: mod_python-bounces at modpython.org
[mailto:mod_python-bounces at modpython.org] On Behalf Of Surendra
Lingareddy
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 2:57 PM
To: mod_python at modpython.org
Subject: [mod_python] Newbie ?s regarding sessions

I am attempting to create a login page and want to get to a point where
I can do the following. A) Login a user and redirect to website's
index.html, on failure redirect to loginFailed.html. B) Maintain user
session for 3 minutes and then force the user to re-login  C) Once
logged in, if the user is in-active for more than 3 minutes, then force
the login page back again when the user takes some action.

Do I have to use authenHandler for this or can I just use publishHandler
combined with sessions and cookies. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Suren

CONFIDENTIAL: This email, including its contents and attachments, if
any, are confidential. If the reader of this e-mail is not an intended
recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail at [emailaddress at crossroads.com] and permanently delete
the copy you received. Copyright and other intellectual property rights
in its contents are the sole property of Crossroads Systems, Inc. Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender
contents of the message which arise as a result of email transmission.
Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this
email and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or
warranty as to the absence of viruses in this email or any attachments.