[mod_python] loglevel

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Nov 11 20:20:28 EST 2006

On 12/11/2006, at 12:06 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

>> The next try will be to use an other logger to manage that.
>
> You probably want to investigate the 'logging' module in Python. If
> you
> use that to log messages, you can then provide your own log handler
> which logs either to the Apache error log file or to some other
> file of
> your own. If you search the Internet properly, am sure you will find
> examples of log handlers for log files already. There may even be one
> in the logging module for all I know. In doing a separate log file
> through,
> release that the logging system you use must support multiple
> processes
> logging to it at the same time.

Forgot to add this link:

   http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-October/
019296.html

This is a log handler for the 'logging' module which sends stuff to
the Apache
error log. Use the search box on the mod_python web site to search back
through the mailing list for other discussion on this stuff.