[mod_python] loglevel

Martin Stoufer MCStoufer at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 10 12:44:59 EST 2006

As I recall, the apache.log_error() method is a direct wrapper to the
Apache logging API.   By setting the LogLevel to 'debug'  in httpd.conf,
you should be seeing all messages. If you have it set at 'error', you
will be ignoring "info" logged from mod_python.

I have not seen anything inside mod_python that will allow you
arbitrarily set a logging level threshold.

BTW, are you logging to the syslog mechanism, or to the apache logs?
There may be a block in the syslog.conf dropping the messages.

julien.coron at free.fr wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Allright for the loglevel, but is there a way to set the loglevel of apache to
> "error" and the loglevel of mod_python to "info" ?
>

> Selon Martin Stoufer <MCStoufer at lbl.gov>:
>

>> Julien,
>>     This is stored in the httpd.conf file for apache. Look for
>> "LogLevel" and change it so it includes the 'error' level. You may also
>> want to look at any specialized logging parameters for the Directory you
>> are serving content from. For this look for the "LogFormat". Someone may
>> have redirected error messages to another log file.
>>

>> julien.coron at free.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to send some messages to the log file, but none under "error" are
>>>
>> traced:
>>
>>> apache.log_error("This is an ERROR", apache.APLOG_ERR)
>>> apache.log_error("This is an INFO", apache.APLOG_INFO)