[mod_python] Working example for custom errordocuments...

Lee Brown administrator at leebrown.org
Fri Nov 10 10:42:48 EST 2006

Greetings!

You can write a custom error page handler for mod python, or you can use
Apache's SSI (server-Side Includes) in conjunction with a static template.

I have a single, static web page template that uses SSI to generate an error
page for all common HTTP errors.  I also use mod security to trap the common
patterns of script-kiddie nonsense.

For examples, have a look at www.fearelesse-shakespeare.org/fred
(non-existent page)
and www.fearelesse-shakespeare.org/cmd.exe (possible script attack)

While a static web page using SSI is not a mod python issue per se, I'll
gladly publish the source to the list if others would like to see it.

Best Regards,
Lee E. Brown
(administrator at leebrown.org)