[mod_python] Problem with clueless Internet Explorer

Anastasios Hatzis (Hatzis Edelstahlbearbeitung) ah at hatzis.de
Tue May 30 03:59:29 EDT 2006

Damjan wrote:
> Check with the LiveHttp headers Firefox extension if your pages a
> returning the correct header "Content-Type: text/html"?

I used the LiveHttp headers FF extension. Useful goodie. This was the
header:

*****
http://localhost/MyApp/InetAddress_view.psp?eid=2

[snip]

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 06:49:39 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) mod_python/3.2.8 Python/2.4.2
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
*****

Please notice in Content-Type that I used a  "," - which caused a
problem for MSIE while Firefox was more tolerant. I replaced it by ";"

req.content_type = 'text/html; charset=UTF-8'
works fine now also on MSIE and encoding in browsers is also correct.

Thanks again!
Anastasios