[mod_python] undefined symbol APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS version 3.2.8

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Wed May 24 07:46:11 EDT 2006

Niclas Hughes wrote:
> After upgrading apache to 2.0.58 and found about about the memory problems
> with mod_python 3.1.4 we have looked into upgrading mod_python to version
> 3.2.8 but are getting an error when trying to start apache: undefined symbol
> APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS
>
> Does anyone know why this error is happening with apache 2.0.58 and
> mod_python 3.2.8.

Thats strange. What's your apr version? (apxs --version)

APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS is deprecated in apr 0.9.x, and removed in 1.x
(which is used in Apache 2.2), but the version shipped with apache
2.0.55 is still 0.9.7. I find it hard to believe 2.0.58 would use apr
1.0, but I suppose it's possible.

This is one of the things that we changed to support Apache 2.2.

Sorry for the vagueness on the version numbers, but I'm in a rush to get
out the door.

Jim