[mod_python] Handing Expect: 100-continue from inside mod_python

jarrod roberson jarrod at vertigrated.com
Tue May 23 13:31:38 EDT 2006

I have been googling and have not been able to find any information about
how to have my mod_python handler respond with a 100 Continue or 417
Expectation Failed. We are checking quota on PUT's and want to be able to
support Expect: 100-continue for PUTs so the client ( which we are in charge
of and Content-Lenght is required by the server ). Right now we just drop
the connection if the the PUT will fail, it would be much nicer to respond
in a more friendly manner.