R: [mod_python] Servlet Loading problem 1 year later

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon May 22 16:56:10 EDT 2006

Please keep followups on list.

You don't need to actually touch servlet.py to get problems if you
happen to be using "import" and "apache.import_module()" on the
same module at different times. This is because of an issue in
the mod_python importer. See:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-003.html#redundant-
module-loading

Sorry for quick reply, in a rush. I'll try and comment later on the
whole issue of checking subclass types and caching.

Graham