[mod_python] Problems with mp_request.read(length)

Alexis Marrero amarrero at mitre.org
Thu May 18 14:40:56 EDT 2006

All,

I have been experimenting with mod_python.util.FieldStorage() and
changing it so it will recognize and use Content-Length for a
particular field.

I noticed that if I make a call to req.read(length) where length is
greater than 65646 the data is corrupted.  You can try different
numbers and find what the boundary exactly is for your system.  It is
a very weird error. Using req.readline(length) would behave perfectly
(assuming there are no new lines in the data).

Does anyone has an idea why this could happen?

/amn