[mod_python] Re: sending headers directly to the client

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon May 15 02:46:50 EDT 2006

When the user submits the request, immediately return a page that says
something like "processing your request, please wait...".

The simplest thing to do is to just output that on the result page, and
flush() the request output. Then do as you normally do.

The "please wait" could be removed with javascript or so.

Another option is to first return a "please wait" HTML page. This page
has a redirect header, that loads the actual result page. The user gets
to see the redirecting page until the result page is done.

Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation