[mod_python] PSP Error & apache.import_module() questions

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Tue May 9 16:57:04 EDT 2006

Peter Sanchez wrote:
> Hey all...
>
> I have been getting these errors more and more. I am sure they are
> related to my template files, but not sure what the error really means.
> Here it is (trimmed):
>
> <snip to the meat>
>
> PythonHandler mod_python.publisher:   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/psp.py", line 213, in
> run\n    exec code in global_scope
> PythonHandler mod_python.publisher:   File
> "/home/ahcabron/data/templates/view_img.tmpl", line 160, in ?\n    %>
>
> </snip>
>
> Now, line 160 in view_img.tmpl is literally "%>\n" and that's it.
>
> I am using mod_python.publisher, and mod_python.psp as my template
> engine. Can anyone help me out with this error msg and what it means?
> The next line in the traceback can be from any one of my templates, at
> various other line numbers. It isn't just in view_img.tmpl, it can be in
> any of my templates and always at a line where "%>\n" is all there is.
>
> Here is my environment info:
>
> Apache/2.0.54 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.4.0 mod_python/3.2.7 Python/2.4.1

Uhm, I think maybe you cut into the bone when trimming. You know, the
bit that says:

InquisitionError: warning, wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition

Or whatever. Otherwise we'd just be guessing. At this point all I can
say is that there is problem somewhere before line 160 in your template. :)

Jim