[mod_python] publisher + cheetah

Luis M. Gonzalez luismg at gmx.net
Mon May 8 21:17:38 EDT 2006

Thanks for your reply Graham!

Well, this is my Apache configuraton:

  <Directory "C:/Archivos de programa/xampp/htdocs">
  AddHandler python-program .py .psp
  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher | .py
  PythonHandler mod_python.psp | .psp
  </Directory>

I actually managed to use Cheetah templates with publisher, without any special handler at all.
All I had to do is compile the template into a .py module first (cheetah compile mytemplate.tmpl ---> mytemplate.py).

Then I would simply use it as follows:

  from mytemplate import mytemplate
  import MySQLdb

  def index(req):
      con = MySQLdb.connect('localhost','root','','vic')
      cur = con.cursor()
      cur.execute('select * from clientes')
      res = cur.fetchall()
      con.close()

      req.content_type='text/html'
      templ = mytemplate(searchList=[{'res':res}])
      return templ

However, I'd like to use templates without having to compile them first.

My questions are:

1) How should I configure Apache?
2) What's the best handler to use Cheetah + publisher?

LUIS