[mod_python] mod_python.servlet: DBNoMemoryError

Daniel J. Popowich dpopowich at comcast.net
Mon May 8 07:32:47 EDT 2006

Graham Dumpleton writes:

> On 06/05/2006, at 1:29 AM, Cassiano, Marco wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've just uninstalled the Redhat 3 httpd RPM and compiled httpd
> > (2.0.55) from source because I needed the updated APXS.
> >
> > Now I sometimes get this error in functions that worked ok before :
> >

> >  mod_python.servlet: DBNoMemoryError: (12, 'Cannot allocate memory
> > -- malloc: Cannot allocate memory: 16384')
> >

> > anyone could give me on advice on it ?
>
> If mod_python.servlet is mpservlets, I don't recollect it having any
> sort of database component...

It doesn't.  This error comes from bsddb.  I have definitely come
across library mismatch trouble between python's and apache's bsddb.
You have to make sure you build apache against the same bsddb library
that your python was built against.  You can use the ldd command to
see which libraries your binaries are linked against...

  ldd /usr/bin/python
  ldd /usr/sbin/httpd

...substituting the appropriate paths on your system, of course.

Cheers,

Daniel Popowich