[mod_python] mod_python and SOAP WebServices. The strangest bug I've seen in my entire life.

Joseph Barillari joeb at mit.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:25:14 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:38:10PM +0200, Tadeusz Andrzej Kad?ubowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use mod_python to do WebServices. The client (.NET C# application) POSTs me a
> XML, I parse it with python XML goodies and send back a different XML.
>
> Whenever I try to POST a message, once in every 7 times my script crashes when
> my handler tries to call a function in my other module. I get TypeError telling
> me that this function takes exactly 2 arguments, whereas 6 times in 7 it knows
> how to pass 3 arguments to this function. What's more confusing is that this
> imported module has incorrect syntax, so this behaviour reflects old versions.
> I fill as confused as one can be.
>
> For now I will check if everything is correct with all current and correct
> modules. Blah...

I'd recommend checking if the exchange is different in round 7. You could do this with simpleproxy:

simpleproxy -L localhost:$proxied_port -R localhost:$modpython_port -t dump

Point your client to $proxied_port instead of $modpython_port, and
examine the file _dump_ afterwards to see if there was any difference
in the data transferred.

Joe

--
Joseph Barillari
joeb at mit.edu
107 Ave. Louis Pasteur, Vandy Box 121, Boston, MA 02115
617-519-9250 (mobile)