[mod_python] Test fails on Mac OS X, Apache 2.0, mod_python 3.2.8

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Mar 26 20:56:44 EST 2006

Todd O'Bryan wrote ..

> On Mar 26, 2006, at 7:40 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
> > Thus, confirm which version of Python you build mod_python with and
> > ensure that that version appears in $PATH before any others when
> > Apache is restarted.
>
> Is there a foolproof way to do that?

When you configure mod_python, you can use --with-python option to
point at a specific version. Similarly, you can use --with-apxs option to
point at a specific version of Apache.

> which python
> returns /sw/bin/python
>
> and when I configure mod_python, it says it's using /sw/sbin/apxs.
>
> But something else could be going wrong. I'm Unix literate, but not
> Unix proficient, so any guidance would be helpful.

>From memory, these problems with undefined symbols nearly always
occur on Mac OS X when people use fink. Is there any chance of
convincing you to not use fink to build Apache and similarly not use
Python from fink, but use stock standard Python 2.3 included with the
operating system.

Bar that, not sure much else I can suggest except for doing a full distclean
of mod_python and trying to build it again.