[mod_python] AIX - someone must have got it work !

Mark Roberts mark at gingergeeks.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 15:07:00 EST 2006

> Referring to a previous problem that might have been similar isn't
> too helpful. You will need to post up the actual error messages
> from your error logs for us to have any real idea about what to suggest.
>
> Graham

Point taken but please be-aware I have immense difficulty getting output off
the AIX box I'm working on. However here is the output from the Apache error
log upon Apache startup.

Wed Mar 08 08:22:01 2006] [error] python_handler: no interpreter callback
found.[Wed Mar 08 08:22:01 2006] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.\n
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/my/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 22, in ?
    import time
ImportError:    0509-130 Symbol resolution failed
for /my/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/time.so because:
        0509-136   Symbol PyArg_Parse (number 0) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-136   Symbol PyArg_ParseTuple (number 1) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-136   Symbol Py_BuildValue (number 2) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-136   Symbol PyDict_GetItemString (number 3) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-136   Symbol PyErr_NoMemory (number 4) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-136   Symbol PyErr_Occurred (number 5) is not exported from
                   dependent module httpd.
        0509-021 Additional errors occurred but are not reported.
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.
[Wed Mar 08 08:22:01 2006] [error] python_handler: no interpreter callback
found.
[Wed Mar 08 08:22:01 2006] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Mar 08 08:22:25 2006] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes
based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Wed Mar 08 08:22:25 2006] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal
operations

However today I managed to grab ten minutes free time to rebuild Python but
this time use GNU make instead of the make supplied as part of the IBM XLC
package. This time on Apache startup I do not get the symbol resolution
failure in the error log as above. Hopefully when I return to work next week
I can test the mod_python/vampire/xmlrpc server with my pycurl client.

If all goes well and it works, I will post any configure scripts to those that
are interested.

Best Regards

Mark Roberts