[mod_python] Quixote 2.0 and mod_python

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Mon Mar 6 20:20:08 EST 2006

Thanks for the reply Graham,

I'm using mod_python 3.x (?) for Apache 2.0
Here are the Apache directives
    <LocationMatch "^/RAMhome(/|$)">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonHandler quixote.server.mod_python_handler
        PythonOption quixote-publisher-factory ramhome.create_publisher
        PythonInterpreter ramhome
        PythonDebug On
    </LocationMatch>

I'm using the standard handler for mod_python that ships with Quixote,
quixote.server.mod_python_handler. I looked in that code, grepped around
a bit and did not find any reference to apache.import_module() so it
seems they are not using it. The mod_python_handler.py script was
developed for Quixote 1.0 so I suspect it could use some work even
though it appears to work in my development mode.

Additionally, I got a post from a Quixote developer saying that version
2.4 fixed an import bug. I don't think it's my bug but I'm going to
upgrade and test anyway. After that I've got a few more things to run
down I'll come back with some more detail.

Thanks,
Steve Orr