[Fwd: Re: [mod_python] Re: Mike's psp upload]

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Jun 30 07:56:25 EDT 2006

Well, the HTTP RFC says that the server is free to close the connection at any time. The "lost"
request in the pipeline is the client's responsibility then - the keep-alive is only supported if
the server sent a response to the request but didn't include a "Connection: Close" header in the
response - and even then, the server may still close the connection.

IE since version 4.0 supports this just fine. Only netscape (up to 6.0) used to fail on this
particular test.

Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation