[mod_python] A newbie question

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Jun 24 19:35:03 EDT 2006

On 25/06/2006, at 2:09 AM, JWang at fhsu.edu wrote:

> Hi,
> I attempted to install Apache 2.0.54 (or Apache 2.2), python 2.4
> and  mod_python 3.2.8 on AS 4 from source codes, but I failed. The
> mod_python does not generate mod_python.so. Does anyone  run into
> the same problem and have a solution to fix it? Thanks! JW

You can't use Apache 2.2 for a start, can only use Apache 2.0 at the
moment.

What command line did you use when you ran "configure" to make sure it
picked up correct "apxs" and "python" for versions you wanted etc? Is
the
Python you want to use the first one found in your PATH? If Python
was installed
from an RPM, did you install the corresponding "dev" RPM for it. Also
pardon my
ignorance, but what is "AS 4" referring to?

More information is required about what errors may have been displayed
when "configure" was run and when main build was run. Check through your
output carefully looking for such errors and warnings.