[mod_python] Which mod_python & apache versions

Jason Fritcher fritcher at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 22:53:43 EDT 2006

Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Jason Fritcher wrote:
>> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>>> You can't currently use Apache 2.2 unless you patch your code or use dev
>>> version of mod_python 3.3 from subversion.
>>
>> I'm currently using stock Apache 2.2.2 and stock mod_python 3.2.8 on
>> Mac OS X 10.4.6 and the basic apache module functionality is working
>> quite nicely. I haven't gone so far as to use the psp or publisher
>> modules, but so far everything from the apache module is running great.
>
> You must have patched 3.2.8, possibly with the patch attached to
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-78

Negative. Just to verify, I re-downloaded the apache and mod_python tarballs and recompiled everything. It built and runs my modules just fine.

After looking at that bug entry, its possible I just haven't triggered the bug yet, and the weak lazy linking that Mac OS X does has enabled the rest of the code to function in the absence of that missing symbol.

I had thought that the previous problem had been fixed in 3.2.8, after seeing the code, obviously it hasn't. Guess I'll need to patch the code before running this on my Linux box. :)

--
Jason Fritcher
Software Engineer
fritcher at corp.earthlink.net