[mod_python] Which recent version of mod_python will work on Win2K

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Wed Jun 14 06:17:27 EDT 2006

Hi Ian,

You may encounter difficulties due to the fact that the MS runtime
DLLs are not packaged in the Win32 installer. Try downloading them
from http://nicolas.lehuen.com/download/pytst/ (the msvcp71.dll and
msvcr71.dll) and put them in your PATH if this is not the case.

Another thing to check is that the PATH variable associated to the
account Apache is running under is correctly configured. You should
find the above mentioned DLLs on the PATH, as well as the Python DLLs.

If you have to change the PATH variable for the user account running
Apache, make sure to fully restart (stop + start) the Apache server
afterwards, as a simple apache -k restart will not restart the parent
process, so the environment variable won't be refreshed. The best way
to make sure everything is correct is to reboot the server, but then
again this may not be possible on a production server.

In any case, all the mod_python Win32 binaries that have been
officially released have been built and tested by me both on Windows
XP SP2 and Windows 2000 Server SP4, so Windows 2000 should pose no
problem except from those minor PATH issues. Plus, I've got two
production servers running mod_python 3.2.8 with Python 2.4.1 and
Apache 2.0.55 on a Windows 2000 Server SP4, so I'm fairly confident it
does work.

Regards,
Nicolas