[mod_python] Debugging mod_python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Jul 30 08:06:10 EDT 2006

On 30/07/2006, at 9:22 PM, Martijn Moeling wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have been developing with mod_python for over a year now
>
> I do like the python language, but with mod_python I miss the tools
>
> For proper debugging. I know the difficulties but maybe there are
> some tools
>
> Around I could not find. Is there any best practice?
Do you know about and use the PythonEnablePdb directive? You do need
to be able to run "httpd" manually with '-X -DONE_PROCESS' command line
options, but in worst case scenario it is sometimes useful.

Besides that, I personally just tend to use apache.log_error() a lot.
Some times
I go to the extent of adding log messages into C code of mod_python,
but then
I am working with the same low level C code a lot to fix issues or
add new features
to mod_python itself. :-)