[mod_python] concurrent connections

Jay Knight jhknight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:11:31 EDT 2006

If you take the hello world example, and add a time.sleep(5) at the
beginning... like this:

-----
import time
from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
    time.sleep(5)
    req.content_type = "text/plain"
    req.write("Hello World!")
    return apache.OK
-----

Then request that URL twice, it seems that the second one doesn't
start until the first one is completely finished, that is, I can't
make them run at the same time.  (And therefore, if I started 20 at
about the same time, the last one would not complete until about 100
seconds later, etc)  How would I go about making them run at the same
time?

I've got a pretty standard mod_python install on gentoo.  The
.htaccess for this directory is

-----
AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On
-----

I know this must be possible.  But I don't know if it is a
configuration issue (.htaccess) or something within the code itself
(manually forking stuff off to handle multiple connections? bleh).

Jay K