[mod_python] Hosting Advice?

greg girty at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 21 09:50:20 EDT 2006

marinus van aswegen wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm about to deploy my mod_python app / mysql and I'm not expecting
> more than about 100-300 connections a day. I'm curious where you guys
> host (godaddy?) and what server config your are utilizing (memory,
> cpu, etc).
>
> marinus

100-300 connections a day could easily be served from a BSD box running
on a Pentium in your basement. You must have ISP or business constraints.

The godaddy virtual server seems reasonable. I've used godaddy as a
domain registrar, and their phone support is quite good. (The hold music
was Squirrel Nut Zippers... clearly a place run by geeks.)

My deployment is on a leased 1U, but my host is going through a major
restaffing which is manifesting into technical hiccups. I'm afraid I'm
withholding a recommendation until the dust settles with them.

Greg