[mod_python] Session not working with mpm-prefork and only one server

Michael Kleiber mike at kleibi.de
Fri Jul 14 04:40:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to use mpm-prefork because of sqlite and thread safety. I also
want to use sessions but it appears that Sessions do not work with the
preforking apache unless more than one server is started and therefore
more than one session mutex is created at startup.

The error log gives me the following when using only on server:
	[Fri Jul 14 10:22:50 2006] [notice] child pid 13198 exit signal
Floating point exception (8)

and I only get a blank page.

I just figured the solution out while writing the mail - just wanting to
let everybody know in case the same problem comes up again.

Bye,
Mike