[mod_python] mod_python cannot find Python 2.4 --

J. Jeffrey Close jjeffreyclose at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 16:00:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

This problem is fairly well-known, but I've tried all the suggestions that I've seen online and none have helped.

mod_python 3.2.8 from Source
python 2.4.3
apache 2.0.58

It's the usual "new version of Python framework" problem.  I have installed Python 2.4.3 with the Universal install that installs it under /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/{2.4, Current} .  I built mod_python with
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-python <above path>/bin/python2.4

When I run apache, the logs show
"mod_python/3.2.8  Python/2.3.5 configured -- resuming normal operation"

I have tried with and without the configure options above.  I have done 'otool -L mod_python.so' and it reports also 2.3.5.  No matter what I've tried, otool/httpd refuse to see the new Python.  HOWEVER, when I build mod_python, everything reports python 2.4.3 in the configure and the build -- i.e. there is no indication that it's not finding any of 2.4.

Any ideas?   Thanks for any help.

cheers,
Jeffrey